PIMag® tip/tilt platform, voice coil, 4° rotation range
- Beam deflection angle to 8°
- Two orthogonal tip/tilt axes with common center of rotation
- Identical motion characteristics of both axes thanks to parallel kinematics
- Compact design
- Durable and friction free thanks to flexures
- Noncontact direct position measuring with linear encoders
PIMag® voice coil motor
Voice coil motors are direct drives. In direct drives, the force of the drive element is transmitted directly to the load to be moved without the use of mechanical transmission elements such as coupling, drive screw, or gearhead. Voice coil drives consist of a permanent magnet and a winding body that are located in the air gap of the magnetic field. When current flows through the winding body, it moves in the magnetic field of the permanent magnet. Thanks to their low weight and friction-free drive principle, voice coil drives are particularly suitable for applications that require high dynamics and high velocities at limited travel ranges. High scan frequencies and precision positioning are also possible with these drives, because they are free of the effects of hysteresis.
High dynamics multi-axis operation due to parallel kinematics
In a parallel-kinematic multi-axis system, all actuators act on a common platform. The minimum mass inertia and the identical design of all axes allow fast, dynamic, and nevertheless precision motion.
- Beam stabilization
- Satellite communication
- Image processing / stabilization
- Laser micromachining. Laser tuning. Laser scanning / beam steering with large deflection angles.
- Test & inspection: AOI (automated optical inspection). Noncontact profilometry. Sensor testing.
- Optics: Optical filters / switches. Optical trapping. Grid scan. Tracking.